This is another objective which is exactly the same as the VCAP4-DCA one .
- Identify VMware NIC Teaming policies
- Identify common network protocols
Skills and Abilities
- Understand the NIC Teaming failover types and related physical network settings
http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1004088 A perfect overview video detailing NIC teaming creations in a vSwitch
http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/virtual_networking_concepts.pdf page 8 details the varying options for NIC teaming
http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-50-networking-guide.pdf page 48 covers teaming and the next section on Failover settings
NIC Teaming is covered in the vSphere Virtual Networking lesson from the VMware vSphere 5 Training course from Trainsignal
- Determine and apply Failover settings
Covered above on pg 48 of the Networking guide mentioned above.
Failover settings are covered in the vSphere Virtual Networking lesson from the VMware vSphere 5 Training course from Trainsignal
- Configure explicit failover to conform with VMware best practices
- Configure port groups to properly isolate network traffic
Nothing new here and the correct way to isolate them is detailed in the best practices above
Another straight forward objective if you have already done the VCAP4-DCA. Just a refresher on all the practices and terms and options is required in my opinion