One of the big things I have been wanting to learn much much more about and have set myself goals around trying to master is cloud technologies away from the VMware stack. One of the biggest is AWS and so like i have done for loads of the VMware exams I am starting a page around the first AWS certification I am aiming for and that is the AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Associate.
- The first resource I am going to use is the exam blueprint which is available from Amazon. The blueprint works the same as VMware ones where everything that is going to be tested in the exam…….wait for it……….is in the blueprint so if it is in there you need to know it.
- Next are amazing self paced online training videos from the crew at acloud.guru . I have started watching these videos due to being friendly with one of the co-founders and the videos are amazing and the practice tests allow you to do them over and over again as well as telling you where you went wrong unlike the Amazon ones which don’t tell you where you lost your points.
- Next are the AWS QwikLabs which allow you to do self paced labs. I haven’t had a chance to try these yet but a number of friends swear by these so I have high hopes for them.
- The vBrownbag of which I am a co-host for the EMEA version are starting to go over the AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Associate blueprint and help people prepare like we have tried to do for so many other certifications. I will be watching these with great interest.
- One of the people leading the vBrownbag series for the certification is Chris Williams who has recently done the certification and has broken down is great detail all the resources he used. Insane list Chris!!
- Another well known blogger who has recently done the certification and broken down the resources he used is Alex Galbraith. This is a great breakdown and covers pretty much everything you require like Chris’ posting.
These are the resources i will be using so far. If you know of any more then please let me know