Deploy and Manage Complex Update Manager Environments
This is another quick one and for most of it, I just did the Update Manager PowerCLI part as the rest is almost exactly the same as the VCAP4 objective. I think this is all about playing around in your lab again, breaking things, upgrading hosts, patching hosts and using the PowerCLI commands.
- Identify firewall access rules for Update Manager
Skills and Abilities
- Install and configure Update Manager Download Service
- Configure a shared repository
- Configure smart rebooting
- Manually download updates to a repository
- Perform orchestrated vSphere upgrades
- Create and modify baseline groups
- Troubleshoot Update Manager problem areas and issues
- Generate database reports using MS Excel or MS SQL
- Upgrade vApps using Update Manager
- Utilize Update Manager PowerCLI to export baselines for testing <- Covered perfectly here: http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-update-manager-powercli-50-inst-admg.pdf
- Utilize the Update Manager Utility to reconfigure VUM settings
Now on to my favourite objective and the one I think is the number one thing the DCA is based on, Troubleshooting.